PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th Oct 2009, 19:19
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You actually start getting paid when you step on the airplane to come to Dubai for induction. I am figuring out the 6 month allowance advance now, so I am not sure yet how it will go. I was told not to anticipate any problems.

As far as rosters, you have some trips assigned for the month, and a lot of standby days. There are about 5 days off scheduled. Standby days are typically not flying days, and can be done from home (or the beach!). All trips are day trips (out and back), so you are home every night. There are no overnight stays.

I would say a commute to Europe would be very difficult, just due to the standby days and low number of days off actually scheduled into the roster.

We have travel on flydubai for ourselves and family plus a few friends. We also have travel on EK for just ourselves and immediate family. All of these are ID90 and ID50 tickets, so it is not free. There are no jumpseat privileges, which seems typical in the ME.

On going to EK from flydubai, I am not sure. I plan to stay here, so it wasn't a concern for me. Maybe someone else can answer. If I had to guess, I would say it will be a matter of staffing more than anything. If EK is really short, and flydubai is OK, they may take you (after an application and interview I'm sure), and if it is opposite, I would guess not. This is purely speculation on my part.

Hope that helps! I am really enjoying Dubai and flydubai so far

Randy