PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 16:01
ComdtTomBarry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy everyone,
Like so many here, I'm just around the corner from Phase 1 (on the 19th October) at EUROCONTROL. Thanks for all the info on the thread, but it really has just enlightened me once again of the need not to over-prepare for this test. I did take the FEAST test a couple of years ago in Dublin for the IAA, and passed it without any bother. I managed to get to the final phase of interviews but didnt get selected in the end. This will probably be my last attempt to get into ATC as I'm 24 years old with non aviation related professional qualifications.

All I will suggest to those who are facing this first phase is that playing games requiring good hand-eye co-ordination will help with the trickier parts of the test. In the end, there is little more you can do really. I intend to be myself at the interview (if I get that far this time) again, but am lucky to have been through this before. There is one thing that I would like to brush up on and that is the mathematical type questions which are asked at the interview. I.E. those involving two planes travelling in different directions at different speeds, etc. Is there anywhere which has a list of such examples I could just read over to refresh myself. Thanks

Also, best of luck to anyone who'll be taking these tests in the coming weeks. I'll be there on the 18th, staying 2 nights then staying one extra night in Amsterdam, just to make a mini-holiday out of it