PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti-Authority personality types
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 12:29
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Phrogman is closest to what I feel needs saying here, now that I have thought a little more about it that is.

I have encountered in the past at least three people who exhibited very strongly what I would call, fatalistic attitudes.

I am talking about very senior people here, as much if not more than I. At the time I felt that I should excert influences or programming to protect them, I.E. this is pretty serious stuff.

As most would know, when you either employ people or act as an overseer for others who do employ people then you are also always watching them and the bosses themselves, for their capacity of responsibility, inter-reaction with other staff and general demeanour. Mostly it is always people that are most closely watched who don't have the worry about pecunary return; that is they are salary people.

I do know of one person who went on to prove his fatalistic attitude, which is usually a very high risk taking syndrome, and killed himself in so doing. Outwards and otherwise a very, very, capable driver.

He chanced Himself between two trees, outbound in the morning, yep all OK, but coming home that afternoon, he tried the same trick and bingo!

There have been at least one or two others who simply got through the net, which was usually the big discussion periods between the chief honchos and who made mistakes that I feel we could have picked up earlier with more surveillance.

It's no use crying over spilt milk, that is the nature of Airwork Operations when every one wants action, action, action.
I hope this helps
cheers tet