PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need to vent! CV Rage!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 11:19
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Amatuer,

You didn't offend me before, but calling me a d*ck did offend me, not that you would care much at this point.

You have your first job, congrats, honestly congrats. The things you will learn about yourself, your limits and the industry will amaze you. Good luck, you will need it.

I was never having a go at you in my first post, I was having a go at your boss, if everything that you put in there were your boss' words. I hate the attitude of your boss, it is so prevalent in the newbie CPL scene that it makes me sick.

I was merely pointing out the myriad of things wrong with this view point, not attacking you personally.

However, I must say that not everything you mention is your boss' opinion. The statement in your second post:

Im sure when you get to the bigger city companies and airlines the guy with the degree and whos interest are IT would probably be preferred- so its not doom and gloom if your more on the nerdy side of things
is quite ridiculous considering you have just gotten your first job. Don't go making statements or assumptions where you have no experience. I am also pretty sure this is not your boss' viewpoint.

A word of advice, I would keep the rule breaking to yourself, especially the flying 7 days a week, unless your company has a special dispensation. Already I reckon I could narrow down to a few companies who you work for, just on the info you have provided in your posts. Now if I were a CASA FOI (and yes they do look here, just like they look on youtube occassionally. Don't believe me? Just ask the caravan drivers who were in Maree earlier this year) where do you think I might drop in for an audit if I were passing through. Just be careful and TRUST NO-ONE!!!!!!

remoak,

That of course is true in that respect and context, and I don't have an issue with listing a hobby, but to discriminate against someone because they do or don't play rugby or are carrying extra weight????

Although I am an under-achiever, I think I'm a pretty hard worker when set a task. That being said, I have been put to shame when loading/unloading freight/dirty laundry etc by guys with a much larger BMI than myself. On the flipside, also know some weekend football players who are some of the lazi-est b@stards around when it came to working alongside them.

To factor in people's hobbies, sure. To discriminate, ridiculous.

Might also start using that CV template. Mine is similar, but does need a rework.

j3