PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBird
Thread: JetBird
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 08:25
ExcelXLS Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cpt_Schmerzfrei,

Thanks for the link, it made an interesting read!
At least we now know why we have not received a phone call and I think that they are likely to hold off until the bottle neck of pilots going through TR training has cleared.

Personally I am looking forward to my phone call, when it comes. This recession has proven that all companies in the biz jet market as well as airlines are vulnerable. As long as Jetbird has the capital to keep marketing its product, backed by a good service provided to the customer, I don't see why it would not succeed. Especially as most of its competition in the UK and has gone bust! And by that I mean the operators flying CJ's and midsize biz jets such as the Citation Excel's.

Blink seems to be doing well and if people can travel around Europe, in a private jet, on business for the same or similar price as a First Class ticket with BA then I think they will do well.

I previously flew the Citation Excel/XLS and you certainly can't hire one for the same price. The Embraer aircraft are strong contenders against the Mustang and even Citation Excel, with the Phenom 300.

In this current climate companies like Blink and Jetbird will hopefully be the breath of fresh air needed to get us pilots back into work and give people confidence in these type of opertations.

Regards,

ExcelXLS Driver