PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need to vent! CV Rage!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 06:53
amateur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez j3pipercub dont shoot the messenger

In regards to my earlier comment "You guys are my competition so i shouldnt really being sharing this with you , but since im nice" It was just a light hearted comment not to be taken seriously. Chill people

Now answering your question about coming across over qualified- when you have multiple different degrees and pocketed 1000 different accomplishments my boss takes it as an indication they are high achievers with higher expectations and assumes they wont be happy living out bush in a shearers shack in 48 degree heat, flying 172s in a repetitive pattern 6 days a week 7hrs a day and spending the rest of their time washing plane bellies. Just an assumption of his.

In terms of the hobbies and interest section he likes, i was also suprised. But being a small GA company out in the sticks he doesnt want a nerdy guy that sits on the computer all day -hes after strong athletic outdoors types to help out around the place with other labouring jobs. Thus the guy whos interests are say footy and fishing would be preferred over a guy whos interests are i dunno IT or something like that.

Im sure when you get to the bigger city companies and airlines the guy with the degree and whos interest are IT would probably be preferred- so its not doom and gloom if your more on the nerdy side of things

Last edited by amateur; 15th Oct 2009 at 05:15.