PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panorama BBC1 Monday 12th Oct - Why Hate Ryanair
Old 13th Oct 2009, 19:29
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Like many others, I actually mean it. There are plenty of others like me. That's why you'd probably find plenty of guys out of a job at the moment who won't be even skimming over RYR.

2) Therefore, you mustn't be a Brookfields contractor? If you were, I assume that unless you have insurance, you won't be getting any money. This, then, if it's the case, would answer whether you were on a contract or not. I would be surprised to find if in the same circumstances most other companies didn't do the same - RYR wouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary - but fair play to them for being so understanding.

3) I was told that there was a freeze on base recruitment by an RYR employee. Presumably you guys must have agendas as well. 'Michael' is the worst of all for having agendas. Like all other Chief Execs, he wants pilots, along with everyone else, working minimum wage on max hours, and I'm pretty sure he's trying his hardest with the laws he must work with to make it happen. Not everyone is happy with their T&C's - like with every company - and while you save on union fees the new RYR guys are probably on some of the worst T&Cs in the industry, in Europe at least.

4) Your company is cheaper than pretty much everyone else, that is true. But to say you do things 'better' than everyone else opens up a debate that we could all make last for a long, long time. Feel free to go on arguing but I'm done - I'm not going to start a yelling match.