PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panorama BBC1 Monday 12th Oct - Why Hate Ryanair
Old 13th Oct 2009, 17:38
TALLOWAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you want easyjet crew food and your flight pay taxed and NI'd?
For Ryanair crews based in the UK and living here, presumably on a UK law based contract, why shouldn't you pay what the rest of us who work here pay ? If you're foreign based, then pay what that country's rules dictate, in accordance with the contract you have there.

We, as UK taxpayers, shouldn't subsidise other workers who are attempting to circumvent the system and results in forcing us ALL to pay more tax in the long run.

Back to the topic specifically. I have a dislike for O'Leary as a person and detest his attitude and people skills. I suspect I would never get sick of hitting him over the head with a baseball bat. But I respect that he has made a successful business. I also agree with him that there are no hidden charges with his airline. You may not like paying them, especially if you haven't exercised diligence when you make your booking, but you have a choice to book with someone else if you don't like it or the Ryanair terms and conditions.