PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need to vent! CV Rage!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 12:52
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
shouldnt be sharing this info with you since half of u are my competition but since im nice
Good Attitude amatuer Remember, some people do occasiionally jump rungs in the ladder, do you want them pissing on you from above or helping you up? I take it back if you're joking.

if its your first job in a small GA company you dont want to come across over qualified.
I'd really love to know how you could do that in an aviation sense.

My boss like a very brief section about hobbies. apparently he can tell alot about them just by a few of their hobbies ie you play rugby- he knows your not an overweight lazy sloth.
So I shouldn't put in that I live next to my computer refreshing D,G &P every few seconds while snorting sherbert and biting my toenails?

What do hobbies have to do with work ethic? What does weight have to do with work ethic? It's my time off and I'll do whatever the f*ck I want to in it.

Besdies if my hobby is playing rugby does that mean I also have a side hobby of public urination, defecation and drunkeness?? I think I can tell a lot about your boss from that comment...

Dont put in the line "I've already written off a plane so thats unlikely to happen again" That was in a girls resume in her "about me section" amongst her love for cooking cupcakes
That is pretty funny....mmmmm cupcakes....

I know someone else said dont come in
Whatever you do, even if it's a meeting your 'mate' has set up for you on a day off, DON'T go in in thongs and a t-shirt. That is how I got my first multi gig. The more qualified "I've got 300 hours on a PA-31" bloke rocks up late with messy hair in pluggers boardies and a printed t-shirt. I was dressed in slacks, shirt and tie, total of 25hrs multi. guess who got the job flying bongos...mmmm bongos....I miss bongos

I agree Chimbu, It would be nice. I sent an enquiry off to an ad like that requesting clarification ie what aircraft types etc. All I got back was "Our client does not wish to divulge that information at this stage, but we welcome further information from you..." Sorry, fail...

Thanks for the posting there remoak, simple and to the point.

j3

Last edited by j3pipercub; 13th Oct 2009 at 13:06.