PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett gone .......but ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 11:18
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those people who wanted it done the "AN way" were probably just as painful within AN as out. Have not heard to many TN people having the same problem, though there were a few that went into another major Australian Airline that were a pain in the ar#e, and probably still are. Me, I just kept my head down, and was quite happy to go along for the ride and pick up the pay check. I realised my career was over, and got very used to skippers younger than me, looking me over at sign on, and you could read their faces "what am I going to do with this old bastard, he is one of THOSE" I found if you just kept your mouth shut, only ever offered any advice on request, they tolerated you (just) some even made a effort to be friendly, some never did, it especially some of those silly old bastards who looked at you over their glasses, like you were something they found on their shoe, and to be honest, a couple I thought were freckin hopeless and would have been weeded out in TN quick smart. So I just took the money and sat there like a frog on a rock (as does most S/O's) and as I said before went along for the ride (all thanks to the silver bodgie and the fat man) thats how I dealt with it.