PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Over-qualified for Pilot Training?!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 08:01
Wannabe Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeley,

I wouldn't under estimate the number of hours per week you will spend completing your Ph. D. I worked longer hours during my Ph. D. than I do now in my current job. I would suggest to you that it would be almost impossible to complete your Ph. D. whilst at the same time gaining your fATPL through the modular route.

If I were you I would aim to complete your PPL and do some hour building. Remember that a Ph. D. offers you the flexibility to write up after one year and gain an M. Phil. If it really isn't for you and you feel like you should have started pilot training full time then the M. Phil. option is always available, no matter which year of your Ph. D. you are in.

You made a comment about earning the same as an engineering graduate. That is true to some degree, however, it is also important to remember that once you are in industry/full time employment you have career progression to think about. In four years time a grad' who started on the same as your Ph. D. wage will be making substantially more than you and may even be your boss by the time you have completed your Ph. D.

Are you really so highly qualified that you think we are all going to stroke your ego and advise you how brilliant you are avoiding real work.
SkyCam you obviously don't know the first thing about what it takes to get a Ph. D. You are my hero, I am in awe of all of this "real work" you do.

Sorry, but had to bite eventually, not a formal member of the Spelling Police!
I'm sorry too SkyCam, I had to bite eventually. You are evidently a non-member of the grammar police judging by your previous post!