PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of (the) Philippine(s) aviation
Old 13th Oct 2009, 05:03
M 0.78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had to pay a bribe at CAA/BAT/ATO/CAAP. I've encountered delays but they were mostly due to my own fault, e.g. incomplete requirements. Occasionally a delay was due to the signatory being out of town.

So I have learned to double-check my applications for compliance with all requirements. I have extra photocopies of everything. I have lots of ID pictures in various sizes.

A lot of people approach the CAAP with dubious credentials. Most student pilots are enrolled with fly-by-night flying schools. These people are just the kind of folks the crocodiles at CAAP eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

If your application for anything whatsoever is complete, CAAP has no choice but to issue whatever it is you applied for. In any case, they must respond to your application or any other written communication within 7 working days. That is the law. Otherwise, they are answerable to the Ombudsman.

The crook who ran the ATO not too long ago learned that the hard way. Having sat on an application for nearly a month, he was reported to the Ombudsman. Shortly thereafter he called the complainant and asked, "Why did you have to report me? We could have talked this out."

The application was approved immediately thereafter.

He lost his job shortly thereafter. Unfortunately his replacement is not much better.

PhD = pay here, dummy!