PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 04:50
Atlanta-Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latcharter come Smartlynx is a starnge operation. What I've been told by people who worked there that operation is about as messy as any third world country could provide.

I am quoting some of the people here that have worked for this operation as well as my own experiences with the now unnamed people as the forum rules require.

A few years back there was what I have been described as the unholy triangle.

Fleet chief of the 767 suffers a napoleon complex being of relatively short in the height deparment. He is a good example of one that uses his skin tone as an excuse for incompetence. I can attest to this after meeting him several times in LGW while his tenure with Excel/Air Atlanta on the 767 and will stand by my words in court if required. Apparently every pilot disagreeing with him is either racially moivated of after his job. He will promote people based on their ability to kiss his hindquarters rather than their ablity.

Manager of crew resources of Smart Lynx I unfortunately know personally. It was said that while in Jakarta office during a hajj pilots rather talked to the plant in the office than to him. Other than that in Lagos during the Nigerian airways deal with AAI he would be busy fighting his fellow workers over local prostitutes attention

The unnamed crew contract manager from Ireland. Same gentleman who was in charge of Air Atlanta contracts at one point. Enough is said of him on this forum so no need to elaborate or is there? However he is no longer in charge.

Between the three they made the operation into a bananashow.

I understand AAI policy for contracting people or rather letting them go. If on a downturn they will empty their S.hitlist and then reduce by nationality Icelanders being the last

What I cannot understand is Smartlynx firing all European pilots from 767 with one exception and keeping only Americans and Canadians. I know why they do it, the chief only keeps his buttbuddies in the company and lets anyone with a percieved or real problem with his personality go.

l It does NOT sink into me why are non EU nationals allowed to work for a EU company WITHOUT work permits. Why where what was then Latcharter employees allowed to live and work in UK without a UK work permit like the so called chief pilot 767 and why governments do not do anything anything about the matter while hundreds of European pilots are unemployed.