PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need to vent! CV Rage!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 00:50
twodogsflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Thread!

A few tips from my experience of employing over 300 pilots.

2 pages Max if you have a large amount of experience. 1 page is better. I do not want to read you personnel goals in aviation.

Must have Licence type, Medical Expiry, Instrument rating type and expiry, Total hours, Multi Command Hours in a place very easy to read. This info is the most important, if you have minimums the rest is read. If I can't find it on first glance it gets filed in file 13 instantly!

2 crew hours Command or F/O if the company operates Transport aircraft. If you have zero hours 2 crew - state it.

Instructor rating or Training and Checking experience if you have any.

Type Endorsements and hours in Command or F/O (include command endorsement if you have one but where only employed as a F/O).

I do not want to read every single you have flown. If you have never flown a twin – state it!

Do your homework, if the company you are applying too operates singles and C206 – state the hours on type if you have any. If they only operate twins, stating every single type you have flown just shows you have not done your homework!

If you have all ATPL subjects - state it. If you have 2 remaining - state it. I do not want to read every subject and result, just if you have all credits or not.

I am not interested in any way shape of form of an "Aviation Degree". All one of those tells me is that you have more money than sense!

I am not interested in references, I never call the ones you include as I can always find people who know you!

If you want to include marital status and age, go ahead, it shows you have nothing to hide. If you don't include it and you make it to interview and the position is out in the boondocks with single accommodation supplied, then it is up to you to accept or decline, you will get no special treatment to see your family and don't expect any!

Never send paper resumes, they get lost. Resumes emailed that have minimums get saved. Everything else goes in file 13. DON'T EXPECT A REPLY!

Don't include you photo; you have no idea if the girls in the office open all mail. If they do you will be scrutinised and remarks passed around!