PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panorama BBC1 Monday 12th Oct - Why Hate Ryanair
Old 13th Oct 2009, 00:08
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair - oh the horror, the pain!

I just came home from work, dead curious about this Panorama thing, i asked Mr ATS to record it for me.
So.... Let me get this right. There were no safety issues nor punctuality. Re the STN incident, it wasn't all RYR's fault. Not many people know this but pax lost flights also because the security channels that day went all wrong. The airport could be at blame for that one too.
The CC who said "we're just a number to them". Yes we are, and if you do your job right, your number won't be up! Sales wise, you go in, set your trolley up, do your best and you'll get the job done. You get pushed to sell, so what? Why are people so bothered about this? It's our commission at the end of the day. Last month i topped my wages up with £320 commission thank you very much. The other day I walked into NEXT, and from the door to the first clothes rail thingy i must've been stopped by 4 girls asking "hi, you alright, do you need any help?" Yes it bloody annoyed me, I am perfectly capable of choosing and buying my own clothes thank you very much. But! Did i complain about it? No, I smiled and said no thank you.
As an advice to fellow CC, I tend to treat ALL pax as "mistery pax". That way no one can say to me "you haven't tried hard enough". Come to think of it, how many people work 30hrs a week tops and get lots of money for it? It's like having a part time job with full time wages!
Oh dear oh dear, 45mins is not enough for pilots to do their briefings. Ok, so how many safety related incidents happened because of that? Oh, that's right, none. Zero. Nada.
Ryanair has the worst customer service... Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. I'll go above and beyond to be there for you. But don't take the michael. Don't treat me like dirt. Don't blame me for a bad morning and that stupid parking fee you had to pay. Don't you think for a second that the security queue was my fault. Just don't...
Ok ok, i said it before and i'll say it again, there are bad eggs in every basket and god knows we do have some bad eggs. Just SOME, bud sadly it only takes a few to think everyone else is exactly the same...
Well this was a great amusement (for the whole 30 mins). Conclusion? FR is still cheap to fly with, there are still 2p flights going round, "hidden charges" are actually in the T&C's (have a read if you don't believe me); FR is a business. Business' make money. By any means. Simple as that.

As for the BBC, i expect a full refund of the TV License we (and you) pay. They moaned about cheap, no frills FR. Well dear "journalists", those 30mins were "cheap, no frills" journalism. Great free advertising tho!