PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me out here guys..............Mecca HEMS
Old 12th Oct 2009, 21:10
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horses for courses.........

Well I must say that it has been an interesting insight into the pilot community to read some of the comments. Sometimes I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. You know you cannot be a Cardinal without being a Catholic so that job is not available to the vast majority of us. You cannot be President of the United States unless you were born in the US.

We are surrounded by an anomalous society and we have to live with that.

I posted here because I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and I hoped my brother aviators would come through with some help. Well they did. Thanks to those that have PM'd me. I now have a fighting chance of meeting my client's aspirations and that may help me find more jobs for all those HEMS pilots currently unemployed or maybe looking for an exciting, well paid new project that will be open to all. Mecca is only a small part of our nationwide project.

I am not an apologist for people with faith or for rules that accompany a faith. To me that's part of the complex and sometimes challenging world we live in.

I have never enjoyed such good hospitality from people who are generous warm-hearted and welcoming. Maybe if you can pack away your prejudice you can be persuaded to come and join us and find that out for yourself. Sure they have different rules but sometimes we need to look around at the mess we have made of some aspects of our society to realise that we don't have all the answers.

Thanks again

G.