PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2009, 18:28
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G Hiya

Sorry I must have completely misread your post. I thourght you said you had taken a penknife through security without detection not a broken bottle. Please tell me they didn't miss that !

With all due respect you could seriously injure somebody with a 5cm blade if that was what you took? I think that is why they, along with glass bottles and any other sharp objects, should be declared/detected/confiscated prior to boarding. That is a shared responsibility between the pax, check in staff and security and everyone plays an equal part.

That also applies to liquids as well nowadays yet you seem to have got quite a lot of your liquids on board without detection and on several occasions. I hope when you flagged that up to the appropriate peeps you were assured extra training would be provided to the personnel concerned?

I totally agree with the last point of your response re objects being the focus and not intentions. All I would ask anyone here is how could anyone possibly screen intentions? Questions I don't think would do it as the bad guys and gals would just lie and provide the appropriate positive responses.

I don't know enough about profiling to comment and btw who is Danny? I am fairly new to pprune so may have missed something here that more experienced peeps are aware of?