PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir 185 - I do not get it..??
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2001, 01:53
Milly

Angry

I saw the documentary and thought that for "TV" is was quite well done. However, what gets me is the attempt to present as fact what we do not (and probably never will) know. However, at least someone has come out and said in public what a lot of people are only prepared to say in private (or on Pprune). A previous posting from another link referring to the SQ006 crash, but still relevent to this, said "It appears the only people interested in events like this are pilots. Its obvious to me passengers couln't care less about their lives. They are more interested in the inflight service." I take exception to this. The passengers who fly these airlines are not "stupid and suicidal" as the posting said but ill informed. The reason passengers are ill informed is because people aren't prepared to say the truth in public. Despite what many think - not too many passengers read Pprune before making flight bookings. Most pilots on the site seem to feel that venting to each other will make a difference - it will not. As long as pilots continue to attack journalists and anyone else who is interested in their cause - passengers will continue to be "stupid and suicidal".