PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's on Food Stamps
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2009, 13:37
lostwingnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Petition

An online petition is a great start.

You would have to target the relatively secure midfield GA pilots.
By this I mean not the 200 hour fresh CPL's lining up in Jabiru to get their first job, but the more secure 1000 - 2000 hour pilots in the bigger cities. Most of these guys will have 'been there, done that', most would have put up with some serious crap getting to where they are. It is the best bet to get the critical first few pages of signatures. From there you could step up to the regionals and airlines, and back down the remote locations.

Who to send it to;
The Minister of Transport, and the Fair Work Ombudsman.
CC'd to AFAP.
BCC'd to ACA and TT just for ****s and giggles.

With the wording;
You want something simple, that won't incriminate the people signing it - and more importantly make them unemployable.

Unfortunately this is a questions AFAP should be asking the industry, a proper union would make contact with the people it currently represents and the people it hopes or should represent. Anyone remember a couple year ago when the TWU was contacting pilots around Australia?

It would make my day if I saw an AFAP rep walk into any aviation company with a note board, pen and a brochure or two, signing up people and getting signatures for a petition. It would absolutely be a great day!

Regards, Lost