PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's on Food Stamps
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2009, 11:17
NOSIGN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am away from home to be at work for over 70 hours per week (generally) - split duty kneads the 70 hour week into a legal 40 hour week (say) for which I get paid according to the award, without demeaning the receptionist or the engineer who is paid more then me for working 40hrs - there IS something wrong with this scenario.

Capt Obvious says "without Pilots and Engineers, aviation business stops'. Who then should be at the pinnicle of pay scale?

I have my own agenda Peter Fanelli.

I'm not much of a legal eagle, nor do I have the time to read the fine print, but perhaps people should band together to put some ideas on the table on how to reverse the common exploitation of Pilot conditions and pay?

Perhaps PPRUNER's and other forum visitors with specific knowledge could elaborate on each point listed? This detail could be presented to the union by a keen member.

How does one make an impact? Speak to the union? Threaten to boycott the union? Start a campaign to empower the union? Create a powerful union? alert the sleepy transport minister? press a case for safety? Cause media hype? strike? rant on PPRUNE? ... or as I just read by Ixixy, make petition?