PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 5
Thread: Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2009, 01:54
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through T5 this morning on my way to Chicago. I decided to give the experience every chance and approached with an open mind. Security in Fast Track was ridiculous. People's trays were being mixed up before going into the x-ray machine. As you have to use a tray for everything, one pax can have three or four trays by the time you have a roll-on, bag, jacket belt shoes etc. The confusion at the other end of the conveyor was a sight to behold. The BA girl at the entrance to the Concorde Room had a fixed smile (or grimmace) as one after another, First passengers were ejected towards her .
Then there's the bussing..still the bussing. First to Chicago is £6500 return. For this, at the airport, you make your way downstairs and join a long queue..no priority boarding. After being bashed about and then driven for ten minutes, you fight with the scrum to get onto the plane.
As I took my seat, a person whom anyone who watches BBC F1 would recognise instantly, arrived at the seat just behind mine. "That, he said "was ridiculous....."
Sums it up really.