PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will a UAV make us redundant ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2002, 10:39
PercyDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my many years experience with a IT equipment I have come to the conclusion that the development of this stuff is driven primarily by the IT indutry's desire to flog new systems. And the potential rewards of being awarded a systems development contract by the MOD or simliar are absolutely breathtaking.

The company in question doesn't really care if the damn thing works in the end. The point is to get the development contract in the first place.

On my own personal side, I have just shelled out quite a lot of money on a new computer system, hoping that this would cure the problems of my last system crashing. I have to admit that its a lot better than the last one. But I still have problems getting to do extemely simple tasks. If it was in control of a flying machine it would have ended up as a smoking hole in the ground within a few hours of me switching it on.

I think that anyone who has driven flying machines for any length of time will know that the whole idea of pilotless aircraft is an unrealistic dream.