PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need to vent! CV Rage!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 23:10
Water Wings

I need to vent! CV Rage!

A word of advice for the young one's in this industry....please learn how to write a good C.V.

The poorly designed C.V's the company receives are of no end of amusement to myself and my colleagues.

Don't embellish . Listing every type of C172 you have flown (M, N, P, R, SP etc) does not make us want to give you a job....it makes us want to throw your C.V. away!

Don't include irrelevant certificates. Congratulations on being named best rugby player when you were in Year 5....please do not include a copy of the certificate with your C.V.

Don't write a spiel about yourself in the third person....it just makes you look...well....strange. This does not apply if you are HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

Don't mention Tertiary study and then list every single paper you have completed without an explanation as to why you never completed the qualification. Please feel free to mention fully completed or on going Tertiary study....the request to leave out a list of individual papers and grades still applies. If we desire further data, we will ask for it.

Congratulations on attending a one day introduction to 'whatever' course....this helps you as a Line Pilot how? Admittedly some of these types of courses are relevant. Please use your common sense here.

Don't list referees with the same surname as yourself...it just raises our eyebrows.

Keep it short and simple people. Two pages MAX listing relevant data. Bigger is most definitely not better. The biggest C.V. we have received whilst I have been here was pushing 100 pages. A copy of every single thing this person had done since starting Primary School!! If you hold a CPL, no real need to include a copy of a First Solo certificate...we are able to make that conclusion for ourselves.