PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panorama BBC1 Monday 12th Oct - Why Hate Ryanair
Old 11th Oct 2009, 20:41
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Airlift21
All that said, I do think FR's bubble is going to burst in the not too distant future. When the economy DOES begin to recover properly and when people DO have a proper choice about which airline they fly with, then we might be seeing a very different Ryanair in the future.
Sorry - but their bubble is NOT going to burst. If the economy recovers people will want to start travelling again and will want to not spend money. Also, each year, a new batch of folks turn 18 and want to get away from their parents. They have no money and do not mind being squashed. This is why MoL does not care if you never fly with him again because, there will always be more folks walking down the ramp.

Al Grifo
Oh we here on the volcano just love Ryanair.
We need the tourism, we need to fill our hotels and villas
Viva Ryanair.
Just watch out for when the subsidies stop and they move the aircraft onto more lucrative routes. Check those French routes where people bought second houses because FR was flying there and now they are not. Then the hotels and villas start to empty again. That is because FR do not care about any individual route. Nothing is sacrosanct.

They are very, very clever and the post from His dudeness is probably the single most enlightening post of all the FR threads (Although I have not read every single post in every such thread as I do log off PPRUNE occasionally [although some will not believe that!])
The changes to the small, regional fields is of great interest and I shall watch the BBC1 prog (remember?!) to see if it is mentioned.