PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 20:06
superdash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beak, March 2007:

I am 22, have a PPL and have the money to complete the rest of my ATPL training with Oxford through their 'Waypoint' programme. I also have the opportunity to go to Sandhurst and be in the Army for 4 years and then do my pilot training. I do not have a degree though I did do a couple of years at uni doing Mechanical Engineering. Ultimately like everyone else on here, I am sure I want to be a commercial pilot. Is it going to add any value to someone like myself doing the Army for 4 years and then being qualified to fly at 27 or am I just as well off being 23 with an ATPL? I am interested to hear peoples opinions especially from those qualififed or who have jobs............

Thanks very much.

P.S. Army Air Corps is not an option as it would tie me into the Army for too long and would get me a military helo licence with not many hours which I do not see much value in. I have passed both Royal Naval and Army pilot selection and do not want to go down that road.
How did you manage to go from a silly little ppl holder to an all knowing chief test/training/super pilot in around 2.5 years?? I'm very impressed.

I love the fact that you say you passed the army and navy selection hahaha now that's funny.

By the way Mr Beak in March 2007 I was 22 years old with a whole 1 hours flying experience...now I fly in the RHS.

But I'm nowhere near as intelligent or knowledgeable as you. I'm just a lowly newbie pilot with **** all experience oh but I do get paid to fly aeroplanes. And no I don't want fries, thanks for asking.