PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 310 advice sought
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 17:56
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardly need perhaps to point out that Madagascar is huge, an awesome place to fly over at 33kft-it goes on for a long time and it looks very hostile aviation country- and that search and rescue is practically non existent. I've flown the 310s in southern Africa/Namibia and the BN Islander off bush and beach strips along the wild coast-a while ago though but on an ICAO licence. I'd rather have the Islander in Madagascar, apart from anything else, it would be cooler and easier to access pilot, pax and payload. But no particular problems with the 310, hot and high except that it is a road runner. 206, sure, every time provided the flying is not over the wild interior. Mind you, a 310R might only compicate teh available choices, but they are getting on a bit now.
I would not favour the turbo options for all sorts of reasons, especially if you are using any old pilot or engineer.
Good luck whichever you choose and if you need rated pilot for flying in such an interesting place as that, pm me down here in Johannesburg.

Last edited by Der absolute Hammer; 11th Oct 2009 at 18:06.