PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir 185 - I do not get it..??
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2001, 06:10
Crockett

Post SilkAir 185 - I do not get it..??

Having now had a chance to see the recent programme shown on TVNZ...I have the following questions that baffle me...

I can understand the Organisations from Singapore and Indonesia not wanting to appear on the programme but what I do not get is why the Australian Organisations and their people involved in the investigation did not agree to be interviewed..

Why won't they speak out.. Reasons given on the programme stated they did not want to upset their Asian neighbours.. I just do not buy this..

The NTSB have made it very clear they think the investigation was a sham. Could the reason for talking out and criticising the investigatioin be that they are trying to protect Boeing.. or somebody else for that matter.

I agree that Australia wants and needs to maintain relations with their neigbours for Business reasons...But so do they wish to maintain relations with the USA...so why do the not speak out in support of the NTSB theory..

Is it that the investigation actually discovered other information that the governments of USA,Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia would all rather remain a secret...

I simply do not get it...why the fear or apprehension about speaking out...with all the facts...THE TRUTH.