PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 14:27
Flyingstig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short, thank you for a powerful, if rather depressing, contribution. As someone who has spent nearly 40 years in the profession, and set to do a few more yet! I hate to think badly of it.
I`ve seen the pendulum swing, been made redundant several times, trained bright young cadets and retired `flag carrier Capts`. I`ve been paid bucket loads and pittances, but overall I wouldnt trade it for anything. I have worked with some really great people, done some really great things and had a lt of fun. The profession is hugely different now than when I started. The captains I first flew with were survivors of the Battle of Britain and the Bombing raids. What differneces did they see in their span?
Most of us get reasonably well paid, are generally treated with respect, and enjoy it. Thats not a bad place to start.
There is a layer of people in certain companies who have, and aspire to continue, to enjoy pay and benefits that were never ever relevant to the real world. Generally speaking they worked hard to protect their seniority and the benefits they `earned`. If those below didnt do so well, then tough shxt! They will see changes!
At the end of the day, go into it with your eyes open, blame noone for your own choices, and give it your best shot. Be safe...................and enjoy!!!