PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 11:44
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly Blackred, the most successful people are self made. The way I see it is a bit like this, the difference between someone who pays for their own training or takes their own debt and someone who has their parents back them is like the difference between someone who goes to the gym and puts in the time with resistance training and someone who goes and gets plastic surgery. The Ryanair guys and girls are nothing but fake, plastic tarts - it's all for show (except for the likes of TT of which there are some). Saving and working is resistance training - it's not easy, you hit walls and you'll 'feel the burn'.

Why don't they wait? Because they can only understand small numbers. It's a deep flaw in the less intelligent and something I used to 'exploit' people in my previous work. They don't understand a figure like £175000 of debt. And they never see it. It isn't really there. They do understand a £2400 a month pay cheque over a £1100 a month one though and they do understand 60 Euros an hour over £8 and hour and that is what they focus on. They don't understand the concept of opportunity cost. They don't appreciate the exponential effect their actions will have on their wealth in the future.

[quote]Opportunity cost or economic opportunity loss is the value of the next best alternative foregone as the result of making a decision.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend really thinking about that in your decison making. Take into account terms and interest. Try and extrapolate a line into the future. Do everything you do for the right reasons. There is nothing more you can do.

It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes...... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn