PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 11:12
stue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowcostdolly

I did exactly the same as you just described above going through LGW security as crew about a week ago. I still had my half drunk 1.5L bottle of “Highland Spring” crew water in my flight bag from the day before, I completely forgot it was there. My bag goes though the scanner and comes out the other side completely untouched, where I get dressed again and move to one side to wait for the rest of the crew.

At which point I can see one of our CC members getting a bit of a grilling because one of the containers for a liquid she has didn’t physically say “100ml” on it. In reality, it was a lot less than a 100ml container, but because 100ml was not wrote on the side of the container, the staff there claimed they could not be sure to it being less than 100ml. The fact that it was half the size of the containers that she had which did have 100ml wrote on it meant nothing. So, she loses the liquid. She was newish to the airline, only having started half way through our summer season and our airline was the first airline she had worked for, and she had tried to do everything right to get liquids threw security. I felt quit sorry for her to be honest.

Then we get to the aircraft, I go to get out my headset from my bag, and to my surprise I realise iv still got my crew water in from yesterday!!

Words failed both the skipper and I!

From my point of view, as both crew and SLF, its the inconsistency when passing through security that is the problem.