PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa MD-11 Mexico City
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 10:44
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSJ

You seem to have a problem understanding what others write. So try again:
Logically most of the operators had ex DC10 and MD80 pilots commencing operations of the MD11, that was what ran around at that time. But how many of the ACTUAL pilots still came from those mentioned, and how many from the newer generation like A320? You wouldn't know I guess, but actually the latter is the majority. That's why initially the record was better, deteriorating lately.
I don't know if you ever came close to a MD11 (by your whining I would guess not, but very close to an Airbus), but I have tons of hours on it and have myself experienced the difference of aptitude described above , so it's not just blaming, but more something like reporting. Please accept at least that.

If every time someone points a finger at training or aptitude issues he gets shot down with the branding of him feeling superior, making one self a hero, then we will all shut up with our experience and accept the new shortcomings. But that would be purely stupid.

Don't take it personally, dear PSJ. Some pilots are not as well trained as the older generation due to the constant cost cutting. It's not their fault and not saying they coulnd't be better pilots than I am, even most probably they would. But with less training and less experience you will have a hard time to do so. That argument goes with the new generation of aircraft as well.
The solution would be to eliminate the older one, or to train the newbees on this equippment the way it should be, the way it has been.
You simply can't have it both ways.

GF out