PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you a stewardess or a flight attendant? Young or aged? Discuss the article below
Old 11th Oct 2009, 08:45
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a childish, ill informed, provocative piece of gutterpress 'journalism' written by someone with a chip on his shoulder, perhaps some social inadequate who tried his luck with a FA and was rebuffed.

On the other hand some of the descriptions do remind me of a girl I used to 'date' (euphemism) who was a stewardess for the national carrier of a certain Southern African country whose racial policies made it unpopular with the rest of the world - no names of course.

I had the excuse that I was in my early twenties so it didn't matter if there was nothing to talk about over a meal after 'what will you have then?', or that she failed an interview for promotion because she was too stupid to work out 10% of 100 without a calculator. All that mattered was that most of my friends were insanely jealous, until they tried talking to her, at which point they realised that brains were not her greatest asset.

She was utterly boring and devoid of personality, humour, or intelligence. My labrador was better company, and now I think of it had better table manners too!