PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 13:03
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who have targets to meet
Such as? 100% of no terrorists given airside access springs to mind but you think they have others?
You stood in a queue for two hours because of bad management in underesourcing the bloody obvious. Not enough screeners on duty / not enough slack to meet contingencies. That's Running an Airport 1.01 and BAA can't do it. It's not rocket science but somehow our lot arse it up every time.

Is it right to treat everyone as a potential terrorist in the fact that you screen them properly and to a high standard? YES
Is it right to treat everyone as a potential terrorist in the fact that you bark at them, manhandle them and are surly and rude to a civil question simply because you are fed up being asked and you find the public to be big thickos?
NO, I hear McDonalds is hiring if you do....

If you can't see the above distinction then God help us. I agree with the above poster, my treatment in Ireland ( and Europe ) has ALWAYS been professinally screened to a high standard as far as I can tell, but without the British disease of contempt for ones fellow men.