PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Francis Chin sets a new record!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 12:13
Sicer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not putting the guy down, as you mentioned, his flight from England to HK is impressive. That is a feat and an event worthy of your hype. But the above is not, just telling it how it is.
Ok Sqwak I'll meet you half way and grant you that it may not actually be a 'life or death' kind of accomplishment. Perhaps I put in a bit too much 'daring do' and not enough 'whoopty do'. However I am still impressed. I have also heard that Francis and the pilots spent 1.5 hours circling over the South China Sea waiting for HK clearance when they were bringing the plane from Zhuhai that morning! Death by boredom perhaps?

I'm flying for their 'flag carrier' and the things I see from their professional pilots amazes me on a daily basis. I can't wait to see their weekend warriors take to the skies to liven things up!
Well, I am not qualified to comment on that aspect, but perhaps it provides an opportunity for all these new pilots to go overseas to get their licenses and get some better training? I'm just trying to see the positive side.