PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panorama BBC1 Monday 12th Oct - Why Hate Ryanair
Old 10th Oct 2009, 11:24
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
AltFlaps
... openly aggressive and hostile towards everyone else. As someone mentioned above, just look at the 'Bye Bye' decals painted on their aircraft.

It'll eventually all catch up with him/them - it's just a shame they'll do so much damage so everyone else before that happens.
I agree. They are aggressive because they want to make money and that often takes aggression.

But I disagree that it will catch up with him. The opposite is true - the legacies will catch up with him. He has re-written the rules and, as we all know, humans like to spend less money and will endure much to do so. This recession is the greatest gift to him. That is why BA are trying to cut back on T&Cs that are (essentially) 40 years out of date and that is why the big carriers have to amalgamate and it will be interesting to see how long before the USA and Euro nations agree to the inevitable big mergers. They will have to in order to retain any kind of airline jobs.

The other reason for the aggression is that MoL clearly wants to beat the Brits. He has said so countless times and I have seen his delight when saying that the Brits have been beaten by "a bunch of Micks". His words, so he clearly hates the British and wants to stick it to any that he can. And he has!

What drives that aggression? I doubt that we shall ever know and it does not matter. What is the case is that he has been the equivalent to the department store that changed the High Street and the out of town shopping mall that changed the department store and the Internet that is changing everything! That change may not be comfortable but it is unstoppable.