PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 10:22
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new NPRM 20:16:3 (crew ratio) will require each AOC holder to lodge a safety case (sic statement) in respect of whole of duty/day of ops considerations. This covers EVERYTHING - service, security, medical and fatigue management. Don't sell out too early or specifically include a provision for compliance with 20:16:3 requirements in the EBA

My girl has this month left the Virgin fold for greener pastures, but you all must start to think beyond the basics and look at the EBA AND the work rules.

For example - deleting West/East back of clock (BOC) sectors after min rest followed by an additional east coast sector, - crew rest provisions on board for BOC/long sectors (sorry a jump seat in the back of a 737 just does not cut it) - QUALITY Crew meals (even when paxing) - deleting the stupid 'health management program' (sorry unless your Manager is a Doctor......), consideration of additional duty times due to the fixed schedules of ground transport, and all of the other B.S. that treats you like a 5 year old pre-schooler.

VB has treated its CC as fools - asking for leave without pay etc while BG and co line their pockets and spending up big on Branson p*ss ups. They couldn't even pay the VOZ crew standard rates for tarting it up in the V commercial -

Four months ago I received a call from BG's PA promising me a 'personal' reply from Godfrey (my girl took two months leave without pay because things were so tight - I wrote seeking at the very least a personal acknowledgement of her and her collegues' sacrafices).........Four months later, I 'm still waiting and the PA keeps lying that BG is far too busy to keep his own promises.........

Baseline is that VB likes (and wants) the 'Tanner' approach and it is banking that the younger, less wise crew will vote up the deal.

I could not imagine the QF CC on the other side of my door accepting this kind of B.S. - I would imagine that their union would go to guns very quickly.

Best of luck with it all - I've got to say that I'm so glad that my household is finally free from it all - although while ever this kind of philosophy is allowed to fester and breed, the role of CC will continue to be diminshed and downgraded.

Have always said that CC are professional people -I hope you all start getting treated as such by DJ soon.

here endeth my last comment on the way DJ treats its CC

AT