PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Over-qualified for Pilot Training?!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 10:09
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what WWW has said hits the nail on the head. I know military pilots who now can not get a job as a commercial pilot, I know doctors (medicinal) with an fATPL who can not get a job, I know ex sponsored pilots (myself being one of them) who can not get a job. I know a snot nosed, illeterate, unimpressive little 24 year old who has thick, over indulgent, incredibly rich parents willing to pay ANOTHER £33000 for them and they have a job, even though they only managed to pass GCSE maths the second time with a C and managed to get a single E in their A levels in D and T.

We both wanted to be pilots the whole way through school. His parents and he openly admitted that the methods and routes I was taking were not open to him because he wasn't 'bright' or natural at flying. I am not natural to flying however either. But he is now flying fare paying passengers on flights.

Absurd.

Bitter? Yes I am. Only the strong should survive. I was brought up with the belief that knowledge is power. Now money is the only power. Nature will run it's course, crashes will happen, everything will end how it begun, in a big bang. Why? Because Knowledge should be power.