PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 310 advice sought
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 09:21
Doodlebug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome. But after reading your last post I must add that all operators I knew were very wary of turbos. Unless it's a one-pilot operation who really knows his stuff you'd be in for a lot of financial pain.

Once I had difficulties cranking a 210 chartered by this engineer whom I flew regularly. Got the ok from the boss to take a 310 instead. Now this engineer, a customer of ours for years, had never hired a twin. When I presented it to him with a 'after you' flourish, he proceeded, much to my amusement, to board(wriggle!) into the aft seats via the narrow baggage door behind the starboard wing! Apparently he hadn't seen the main door! Keeping my expression deadpan I carefully closed the baggage door after him and then got in via the main door. He didn't comment and neither did I

Madagascar, eh? Read an article by a missionary who 'spreads the word' down there in a 'van. The flying appears to be tremendous, and faith aside they do seem to be making a very real contribution to the appallingly poor people in some of the more remote areas there. Keep us updated!