PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 310 advice sought
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 08:33
salmabambi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all who have replied ... I appreciate the time taken.

I am looking at a venture in Madagasga in the Indian Ocean ... so yes it will get hot and humid, even at height down to sea level. Fuel prices in any venture are always a big concern, but at least they are cheaper than the sky-high european rates ... according to Shell Petroleum anyway !!.
I was initially looking at a 310Q model but perhaps the T310R would be a better choice - with Turbo's to help out a little ????. I mentioned seating 6 ... but to be fair I will be lucky to sit 4 maybe 5 on each trip ( including the pilot ).

I operated privatly a '68 310 for a couple of years in the UK as a hack for myself ... and I used it to obtain my commercial -- hiring a suitable instructor made the cost of the course so much cheaper - especially when you take into account the re-sale value of the aircraft. And yes -- no autopilot - actually it had been removed -- and poor door seals ... but man did it fly. It was purchased in Little Rock arkansas and ferried to the UK for me.. just trimmed and flown for hours hands off .... according to the ferry pilot ... and without using the heater which did work .. but hey who wants a fire in the nose that you cannot get too !!.

Hey who I am kidding ... the C206 is by far the better choice -- but the 310 is such a pretty airplane. Walking from the ramp what would you rather see ???????. Although the 310 is a sod to get into the back seats !!!.

Thanks again to all that took the time to reply ... Cheers I appreciate it.

Steve