PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center - pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 01:41
bryan1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riverside Flight Center-Very Good School

I have enjoyed my time flying at RFC. The first two people I met were Yuri and Helen. I started out with my private license, I struggled a bit with the knowledge part, but it was Yuri that helped me get through it. I got it done in 65hrs and was happy to have my private license. After taking a month off I start my instrument flying. It went well for the most part. I did struggle with my oral part of my check ride and failed the flying part; I blame no one but myself. My commercial rating was quick, Yuri made sure the students got their planes for time building. Once again when came time for check ride, Wayan C. quiz me for the oral a ripped me because I haven’t prepare myself for the check ride. Ya, I was pissed at him, but it made me realize that I needed to wake up and start acting like a commercial pilot a taking ownership for my lack of studying. It took me just over a year to finish with ALL OF MY RATEINGS….from private to CFII, and guess what, I was also WORKING FULLTIME. So I figure, if I can get it done working fulltime (that’s 40hrs week) and trying to fly as much as possible, there is no reason why a person not working could get it done faster. Now I’m a Flight Instructor and couldn’t be happier. I was thankful Yuri hired me on; despite I struggled through my ratings. Thanks again Yuri. It was fun working there, flying all day in order to get the students done as fast as possible. It was mandatory we fly 6 days a week to get them done, Sundays were optional. I was proud to get a student done with his private in a month or 2 at the most….BUT, that student had to have the drive and desire to get done. I have seen student come in and be out in 6-8 months and guess what….their flying back home now. Those students came in everyday ready to fly and were always studying. You’re not going to make it very far if you don’t study. It only gets harder and more challenging the further you go in your flying career. The people that couldn’t hack it blame the school. Well guess what, you have no one to balm but yourself. RFC works hard to get students done as fast as the student is willing to work, they push to get the students done and out because that’s what they signed up for. They never gave up me when I struggled, they helped me through it.

The student load has dropped, but that’s because of the economy. The school has a very good reputation, if captains of Air India are still sending their kids to RFC….well the school must be doing something right, and that’s giving good customer service and helping out the student getting them done as fast as possible.