PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet "holding pool"
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 00:42
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug the Head - I know you hate easyJet, and trust you will be leaving at your earliest convenience. Your pathetic whining and bleating has finally got too much for me. Your comments to binsleepen are, frankly, shameful and embarrassing. I personally would be delighted for people like him to come in and replace people like you any day of the week. In case you have not noticed, right now countless of our servicemen are fighting and dying for their country - as they have done for generations. The freedom you enjoy to sound off in an ignorant and foolish manner, without fear of someone arriving at your door to take you away, has been won at the cost of countless dead and maimed British servicemen who were also 'leeching off the taxpayer'. To describe people like Binsleepen in such derogatory terms is deeply offensive to numerous people reading this forum - and indeed to a significant percentage of your colleagues at easyJet. Just do the world a favour and resign - go abroad to any country anywhere so you do not have to pay British tax. Leave the country to the millions of ordinary people who actually value the sacrifices made on their behalf.

Binsleepen - despite the shameful words spoken, I would like you to know that many people in our industry feel the injustice of the employment difficulty people like yourself are now experiencing. The only thing I can say is that this is swings and roundabouts and that the airline industry is notoriously fickle. There will be an upturn and times will change. As I am sure you are aware, your chances of getting a direct entry command on a Boeing or an Airbus with a mainstream carrier are slim. Nonetheless, if you can accept that coming out of the military requires a transition process that will include a period of time in the right hand seat then you will be fine. There is much to learn about civil flying compared to the military - take the time to do it with humility and you will be amazed to see how many doors will open. I know the current situation seems discouraging, but it is temporary and will change. Best of luck in the future - I am genuinely sorry that right now easyJet is not a credible option for you. Hopefully Doug will have shoved off soon and that will generate at least one more slot!