PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post PPL regime
Thread: Post PPL regime
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2009, 23:53
Piper19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As many here said, find yourself a flying buddy.
I have and I do some longer trips with him, airfields I wouldn't dare alone, because they're too difficult or they're too expensive without cost sharing.
2-3 times a year I also go on a 4 day flyout with club members, to visit airfields you never can do alone in 1 day.
For the rest I do some local airwork with friends who want to fly their first time. And once a year I oblige myself to do all the exercises of a PPL exam to stay current.
I still enjoy local airwork, just find some interesting stuff on google earth. (e.g. I just discovered 2 ex-airfields in my area on which you only could recognize the shapes of a runway underneath a pool of water now; so I made a navigation flight with a waypoint over them the old fashioned way, without GPS or VOR, to make it a challenge).
With all this, I make about 30 hours/year

When it's raining I sometimes just take a VFR chart of my area and find interesting flights. Problem is, it rains al lot here and have flights now till I'm 256 years old. But that list always gives me courage to do another flight.