PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206: JetRanger and LongRanger
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2009, 22:13
John Eacott

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick1128
I kind of curious where you can up with the 2 minutes, no more or less.
Rick,

20+ years ago, not too sure now! It would most likely come from the DDAllison manuals, but I don't have access to one.

There are numerous little gems hidden away like this. Going off the current discussion, where would you look within Bell's manuals for a reference that prohibits having the standard door steps fitted on a 206 if sling loading with high skids? Flight manual: yes, but where? Normal procedures, no: cargo hook supplement, no: high skid supplement: yes!

Where do you find reference in Agusta's A109 manuals to inform a pilot that the last shutdown of the day must not use the rotorbrake since it will then give a false MGB oil level? Flight manual: no. Maintenance manual: yes!

I think the 206 high skid supplement may have been amended, but it was one of those examples that I'm trying to make. Not all these gems are easily referenced, but they are usually there somewhere

that chinese fellow:

We changed to BP 2380 on the 117, when we found that our engineering advice to use Shell 560 was in direct contravention of the Maintenance Manual prohibiting the use of 560 in LTS101's

On the 206, however, 560 is the a 3rd generation oil that is approved for both the engine and the gearbox, which is important if there is a seal leak and oil mixing. Another little point that is sometimes missed