PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2009, 19:07
coool guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believable?

Mmmday 38, the man himself, very interesting to read what you had to say! I sincerely hope the final report vindicates you and your crew's actions. However I disagree with the medal awards and the BA propaganda press conference! We as pilots are there to do a job and shouldnt be treated as either heroes or villains when something goes wrong, the report should simply determine what happened and try and stop it happening again.
But from a PR point of view I think you have behaved naively to say the least. Of course resigning from the worlds favorite airline is bound to make it look like you were pushed, you shouldnt be surprised at that. You gave the reason as 'needing more time with your family' and then try and get a job with KAL in Korea?
But worst of all you claimed job seekers allowance when you no doubt received a very handsome payout from BA (not to mention the 6 figure pension you would have got had you stayed on). Knowing that everything you did would be closely scrutinised by the tabloids I dont think you can now complain about hurtful comments!