PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 9th Oct 2009, 10:51
Dan Reno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning mckpave!

The purpose of my post was twofold, not to have to rehash old problems (over 2 decades old in some cases) and, report back on what the flight control system was designed to do, and not to do. Believe me, that one simple paragraph has settled some long, drawn out ‘discussions’ here in rather simple terms. I apologize for a ‘cut & paste’ but the Investigator’s input at the Hearings would have looked the same had I just copied it off the report. if you perceived the information I posted to have “put you in your place” please know, that was not the intent. Again, a lot of issues have been covered and settled here by prior posts and we just like to keep things moving forward by not stopping to rehash them over and over (and over) again.

No need to apologize for not reading all prior posts. You’re like most who come to just vent over the V-22’s terrible record as found during House Hearings and Investigations (and RUMOR) to be false. Actually, some of the best comments come from individuals such as yourself who have flown or maintained the A/C. Most here only know what the people we elected tell us, and what we read, and the rest is all RUMOR. Replacing RUMOR with facts is a lot of what tries to occur here. Like you, we’re kinda tired of hearing all the lies, false RUMORS and cover-ups.

I also agree with your statement; “Let’s see some more” . Yes! Lets! As long as it’s new, relevant and not any of the usual personal attacks by those experiencing a sort of symbiotic, V-22 relationship. Please enlighten us (if you can) Sir.

PS Here’s something you may be able to comment on(?); Are engine compressor stalls still occurring and/or are they still being considered as ‘just normal’? Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Dan Reno; 9th Oct 2009 at 11:03.