PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2002, 22:46
FRIDAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey smartcol,
I sympathise whole-heartely with your situation as I will no doubt experience the same situation in a year or so.
However surely you undertook your training with a level head and realised even pre 11/9 competition was very tough at the best of times. Like you say you've paid your money to be pampered to some degree like a schoolboy it is none the less a course of study just like college, you pay for the tutoring,exams,flying etc and in some cases a 1 or 2 day course in interview prep or c.v writing, but you seem to be under the illusion a job comes in tow with your payment or choice of FTO.
Well why should it? they may aswell advertise themselves as a recruitment agency aswell. Yes some FTO's do take more interest then others in there cadets job positioning but there main concern is your ability to sign a cheque harsh but business is business. I would say if some of the FTO's were able to hand their graduates straight into airlines they would have no problem doing some and advertise the fact but there is simply no demand at the moment.
I don't like to be mean but you should have planned for such a scenario, cash wise maybe you have. If I were in your situation and I take it your strung for cash your just going to have to swallow your pride and start gaining cash where ever you can and keep yourself flying, perphaps get a flight instructors rating, no doubt you have thought of all of this but now you must act on it. The airline ain't going come knocking but when times get better and your in an interview its how you spent this crucial time after training moping or agreesively refusing to give up they will be interested to hear, its a sure test of character.
Personally I'd say give up, its less competition for me but don't listen to strangers.