PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What School would you recommend for CPL(H)?
Old 9th Oct 2009, 08:29
Runway101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hillsboro Aviation in Oregon might be worth a thought. Definitely more mountains than in Florida, weather also more like in Europe where you want to fly. Leading Edge in Oregon also enjoys a good reputation.

From what I heard the waiting list at Bristow is always very long, not sure in today market.

I guess at the end most schools want you to stay longer than required by the FAA. Especially the guy who does nothing else all day long than trying to get new students or new business. It's his job...

I am not sure how reliable the weather will be in pacific northwest in the next few months though. Might be a problem with your tight schedule.

Also, don't you need a visa and therefore a school that helps with visa for CPL(H) training? Or can you just show up if you already hold a PPL? I guess you already have TSA clearance if you have already trained, but isn't that only valid for the one and only school they approved it for? What I am trying to say is, that not all schools in the USA have experience with such things. Bristow and Hillsboro have no problems with visa procedures.