PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2009, 17:49
AviationHopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only give you second hand information, since I considered myself to go there where my friend is.
I choose not do that. Do you have a job somewhere? If yes, stay at your place. If no, go only when you
can answer all my questions in my old writing above with yes.
They have done so many sreenings, but you see, only a few people came. And some already returned after they started,
paying the 5000 EUR penalti to Brookfield.
If the pilots have a concern and they ask Brookfield for help, Brookfield just forward your email directly to them, to a
person in HumanResource. There is no discretion in between from Brookfield. They don`t care and look only for their own money.
As I understood they have at no point asking for the expats problems, just the manager was there after 1.5 months for a night
and answering nothing than yea yea yea. What I heared is that nothing was changed and everybody getting more and more frustrated
not flying and not being able to leave the country for OFF days in between which are able to be taken by the company any time.
This person in Human Resource is making a bad time for the expats, dictating the words of the contract his way, the only possible way.
Again, I did not experiece that myself, but I trust a good friend I know for years and who reported all those items.
And I made my decision not to go there, for sure and for ever. You have to do your decision but think about, why you did
not anything for long time. Middle East is opening again and I don`t want to pay 5000 EUR to be flexible, I prefer to have
my unemployment payment from social security and to jump on the other job coming up.

GSB