PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the reason to de-ice
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2009, 17:32
CapitainKirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tis easy for me to say nowadays BUT I always remember(ed) taking off is optional and for sure i could not exist in these days of SOP's hand flying discouraged - positive climb gear up and A/P on - then the regular meetings with the THE BOSS to explain why you did THAT!!! OK i was never one of the quiet ones and more than once said we are NOT GOING for various reasons. Once when we had been sitting too long in snowy conditions in GLA after we had been de-iced - What is the problem Captain you have been de-iced - well look at the wings will you i want her de-iced again. The dynamics are all wrong now those on the ground from C/P to Accountant have too much power now and are only focused on the bottom line NOT that this is a problem - Commercial concerns have to be considered of course but not to the exclusion of everything else - the days of the Captain being King are sadly long gone.

I only do yacht delivery trips now and for sure i wont go if i think anything is wrong sailing to someone elses deadline is another silly way to die.