PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL and IR on the DA40 and DA42
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2009, 16:16
adlington1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL and IR on the DA40 and DA42

Hi,

I am about to commence CPL and IR training in the UK and unsure of where and when to start the training. I have looked at BCFT and FLYING TIME AVIATION so far and was quite impressed with both setups. BCFT appears to be extremley professional and well established in the aviation world and based within a busy commercial airfield at BOURNEMOUTH. Yesterday i visited FLYING TIME AVIATION based at SHOREHAM, again a professional setup however feeling a little more intimate and on a much smaller scale. The training there is on the DA40 and DA42 TWINSTAR / EFIS, FADEC, GARMIN..... I was massively impressed with the aircraft and the idea of using these systems since most of my hours building was C152 and PA28 ARCHER. I was a little concerned however with commencing training on these systems rather than on the conventional aircraft as those offered by BCFT ?

Although persuing an airline career does anyone have any advice regarding the training and feeling amongst potential employers if all CPL and IR is conducted on such aircraft as DA40 and 42....?

One more thing,,,, i am wishing to start training ASAP and have everything ready to start, my only concern with commencing now in OCTOBER / NOVEMBER is the weather. Do students generaly have any issues with starting CPL and IR this time of year ??

Look forward to hear any response ,,,